Atmosphere — Happy Mess
Poor ol’ mum spent most of this weekend trying to convince me that vegetarianism will lead to infertility, among other good ol’ motherly advice. She just doesn’t, like, understand me.
“So do you even have any superior moral reason against eating meat?” she asks, “Because it’s kind of immoral of you to deny me grandchildren.”
Like, what? I friggin’ love animals, mum. That’s why I have a fur coat stashed in my trunk, just in case it gets cold or I want to get frisky because people love touching my fur coat.
So I come here, where all of you don’t judge me (ha), accept me (ha ha), and would never convince me to live my life otherwise. Live and let live, ya dig? Anyways, I know we go way back and I’ve neglected to show y’all any sort of appreciation. To make up for it, I made a mix tape for Jered awhile ago that I’m kind of proud of– yeah bitches, I’m kind of cheesy like that–and I’d like to share with you.
And I’m really really really sorry, but I didn’t put any dubstep in it? Le womp.
(Click image to download.)
Feel free to download, but please support the artists by buying their CDs. And if you enjoy the mix, don’t hesitate to leave me a note or something.
Song / Artist / Album
1. Solitude is Bliss / Tame Impala / Innerspeaker
2. Coulors / Grouplove / Ready for It
3. Fire and the Thud / Arctic Monkeys / Humbug
4. Ruby / Kula Shaker / Pilgrims Progress
5. Hair Down / Cold War Kids / Pilgrims Progress
6. Don’t Sit Down ‘Cause I Moved Your Chair / Arctic Monkeys / Suck it and See
7. Inside-Looking Out / The Animals / Best of the Animals
8. House of the Rising Sun / The Animals / Best of the Animals
9. It’s Better Off this Way / Terry Sylvester / Terry Sylvester
10. Coney Island / Good Old War / Good Old War
11. Come In Please / Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros / Up From Below
12. You’ve Really Got a Hold on Me / The Zombies / Best of
13. So It Goes / Akron/Family / S/T II: The Cosmic Birth and Journey of Shinju TNT
14. Let’s Stay Together (Al Green Cover) / Jimmy McGriff / Let’s Stay Together
15. Get Some / Lykke Li / Wounded Rhymes
16. She’s Not There / The Zombies / Absolutely the Best
17. Bloodhounds on My Trail / The Black Angels / Passover
18. Go Outside / Cults / Go Outside
19. Pumped Up Kicks / Foster the People / Pumped Up Kicks
20. Someday You Will Be Loved / Death Cab for Cutie / Plans
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What’s the mix like?
If you dig a Portugal the Man meets Rumspringa meets Marvin Gaye meets the Bee Gees sound, you might like this CD.
2. What track should I listen to first?
You can play the CD the entire way through for flow, or you can get in the mood with any of The Animals.
3. When could I play this at a party?
Like a chill one? I hope you roll 20 deep with mustached hipster fucks though, because someone might kick your ass.
4. How long have you been a vegetarian?
Seven whole years, except I still eat seafood. Yeah, I kind of pussied out of committing to the real thing.
5. Of course you’re a vegetarian, you pretentious fuck